SSE contact number – 0843 816 6439
SSE is one of the major suppliers of gas and electricity in the UK and also provides broadband services and phones to customers. Its broadband speed is supported by Fiber, ADSL, or Cabinet Connectivity. The company now provides heating solutions to households and businesses, as well as energy efficiency reports that help consumers save on heating costs. The home heating solutions services come with a boiler cover, a carbon monoxide detector and a 24 hour night out call number for emergencies. The company charges £50 per call out, inclusive of any parts installed or removed. SSE provides a quick and easy way for customers to pay bills, check their account's activity and energy use while looking at ways to reduce usage and apply to have a smart meter installed (free of charge) via an online account. Customers only need to call the SSE contact number to set up the account. A customer is then asked to provide a username and password to access the account. Customers who want to use SSE as their energy supplier should visit SSE website (sse.co.uk) where they will obtain a quote (for free) and view the tariffs available. Though the tariffs on offer are fixed i.e. one, two and three-year terms, they vary from one postcode to another.
Call our SSE contact number today, and get connected through to the main Scottish & Southern Electric customer services line.
Calls cost £0.07 per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge. Check with your provider because access charges vary from company to company, and calls from mobiles may cost considerably more. We provide a call connection service, more details available on Ofcom's website.
If you would prefer to call SSE directly, here are some of the departments you may wish to contact.
|SSE DEPARTMENT||PHONE NUMBER|
|SSE Customer Services||0800 980 8476|
|SSE Hydro||0141 248 3000|
|Join SSE||0345 026 2658|
|SSE Arena||028 9076 6000|
|SSE Energy Meter||0345 026 7039|
|SSE retentions||0800 980 8476|
|SSE freephone number||0800 980 8476|
|SSE emergency numbers||Click here|
|SSE account number||0345 026 2658|
|SSE business||0800 389 4466|
|SSE sheild||0345 076 7646|
|SSE Broadband||0345 071 9498|
|SSE Boiler Breakdown||0345 076 7646|
|SSE MPAN||Click here|
|SSE Warm Home Discount||0800 622 838|
Contacting the SSE team by phoning the SSE helpline
Customers calling the SSE phone number get in touch with a customer care agent who answers all questions about the available services and their costs. SSE's primary goal is to enable consumers and businesses establish a cost-effective approach to energy use and management via the phone number service. Other reasons to call SSE contact number include:
- To pay bills over the phone
- In case the customer forgets the account's login details
- To change the amount paid via direct debit
- To change the current tariff
- To launch a complaint about charges
- Access home services in case, a boiler breaks down
- To change my current energy plan to a digital meter
- To book an installation for a smart meter for new and existing customers
- To check energy usage
- To change addresses after a move
- To make general enquiries about phone and Broadband services. If you want to change the phone service provider from SSE, call SSE's customer service department for the necessary procedure.
- To make general enquiries about SSE boiler installations, thermostats, home services boiler and heating cover. For further assistance regarding gas facilities, customers may fill up an online form.
- To make general enquiries regarding water supply services
- To report landline problems
- To report an overcharge or undercharge of my phone bill
- To upgrade my phone bill plan
- To submit the meter readings. Provide a meter reading by calling SSE meter line number. Customers may also obtain meter readings by sending their account information online
- To change the gas or electric supplier, call SSE phone number to switch SSE's gas or electric supplier. The client may also fill an online form to notify the SSE customer service team
- To find assistance for PAYG; clients who need help regarding Pay As You Go gas or electricity meter may call SSE's PAYG phone number or SSE's PAYG electricity contact number. For more information, about PAYG meters, setting up procedures or topping up cards, contact a customer care agent.
Customers who encounter problems with our services or account should call SSE phone number. The helpline is open from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m; Monday-Friday. We are also available on Saturday between 8am-2pm. Apart from SSE's telephone; the company has various social media accounts where customers can also launch complaints- Facebook (facebook.com/sse) and Twitter (twitter.com/sse). SSE customer service department follows a complaints' procedure that ensures all customer's grievances are resolved fast and satisfactorily. First, the customer calls SSE's telephone number where he talks to a customer care agent. If the customer care agent does not resolve the problem he endorses the manager or a specialist. If the problem isn't resolved within one working day, the customer may proceed to the next step, engaging the head of customer service team. He embarks on an independent internal review with the aim of resolving the problem within five working days. Customers are required to provide their name, account number and address. If the client doesn't receive a satisfactory answer, he proceeds to the final step of contacting the Ombudsman Services: Energy. The Ombudsman Services: Energy reviews the complaint by checking whether the client underwent the first two steps, and if he hasn't, is referred to the SSE's customer care department. If he has, the Ombudsman Services: Energy carries out a free, independent investigation on behalf of the client. The Ombudsman office may ask SSE's customer care agents to give an explanation, take remedial action or award compensation to the aggrieved customer. The Ombudsman Services: Energy decisions are binding on SSE customer service, not the client.
SSE contact number and how to get in touch with the SSE customer services team
SSE Scottish & Southern Electric was founded in 1998 after a merger between the Southern Electric and Scottish Hydro Electric Companies. SSE's headquarters are located in Perth, Scotland with offices that operate in the UK and Ireland. Before the merger, Southern Electric Company was engaged in hydro revolution activities in Scotland after the Hydro-Electric Development Act was enacted. The act ensured supply of electricity across the Highlands, spawning dramatic improvements among thousands of Scottish residents. Formerly referred to as Southern Electricity Board, SE was a distribution-only company with no power generation capacity. The North of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board, however, operated a broader spectrum of its electricity generating capabilities. Today, SSE is the second largest supplier of natural gas and electricity in the UK and the region’s biggest producer of renewable energy. Apart from supplying gas and power, the company also provides phone and broadband services. SSE also owns Ferrybridge and Fiddlers Ferry power stations, which it acquired in 2004. SSE's subsidiaries are organised into the company's primary operations of generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity, storage and supply of gas, retailing of domestic appliances, as well as electrical contracting. The company's contracting business has five different areas of activity, which are commercial, industrial, domestic, electrical and mechanical contracting. SSE has also ventured in data communication installation, public and highway lighting, high-voltage design and maintenance, and instrumentation and electrical engineering. Sadly, the company recently announced it would be closing all Scottish Hydro Electric branches and the online store, citing changing consumer shopping habits.
SSE Opening Hours
SSE Head Office contact address
Scottish and Southern Electric
200 Dunkeld Road